Sunday, March 28, 2010

Brain Damage

Lately Gage and I have been experiencing a new phase with Ryan (the "not listening" phase).  On top of this, the boys are really starting to have some sibling rivalry at times ("Willyoustopstouchingme!").

Like all parents of more than one child...I have found this to be VERY frustrating at times...and have been trying to think of a good way to describe it on here.  A couple days ago, I was reminded of Bill Cosby, and it hit me.  I started to think about his stand-up routine "Himself" and the section he did on parenting and brain damage.  I knew of this part of the routine because my brother and I had 90% of the entire "Himself" routine memorized off of a cassette tape (those were some of the few moments our brain damage was not so obvious).  Suddenly I started to feel much better, being reminded that what we are going through is so common that there are comedy sketches based on it.

SO....to share with you what we are going through, I think Bill himself best describes it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good writing Andi. Adding Bill Cosby at the end is a perfect ending! :>) Thanks for sharing.

dshymas said...

I love it... its been years since I saw that skit but It comes back to you sooo fast. Yes --- (Gage did have brain damage ;^)

Post a Comment