Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Darndest Things - Christmas Edition

The boys and I decided to be brave and were doing a little shopping at Costco.  For those who haven't been to a Costco, it is a very large warehouse-style store with displayed merchandise surrounded by towering stacks of product (I think its kinda like a Sam's Club??).

I was looking at some Christmas decorations and the glistening diamonds in the brightly lit jewelry case across the aisle caught Ryan's eye.  He "wow"-ed at the shiny rocks and excitedly called for me with a "MOM!!  LOOK!!!".  I turned around and faced him...he lovingly looked me in the eye and said "MOM...maybe I'll buy you a ring for Christmas...."  I felt my heart melt and a smile start to come across my face when he finished his thought with a heartfelt sincerity and a bit too much enthusiasm "...then you and dad can get MARRIED!!!"

I think the look of shock set those standing around us straight...or it could be the fact that I quickly reminded him that daddy and I already WERE married.

2 comments:

Thom Hoch said...

Yes, but I'm with Ryan on this one... it might be good to have another... just to make sure.

Cute.
T

Hymas Life said...

Are you offering to pay for another wedding??? ;)
~Andi

Post a Comment