Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Name Correction

It was Tuesday morning.... I was getting the boys up and ready to head over to Grammie's house as it was a work day for me.  I gave Ryan a good morning head nuzzle and picked up Evan to do the same.  As I was laying Evan down on the changing table, I made a comment "Awwww.... how's it going big man?"  Very quickly Ryan replied..."Mom!  That is NOT right!"  For a second I was a bit confused, and my brain was scrambling to remember what I said or done that was incorrect.  Ryan again piped up and said "I'M big man.... he's little man!!"  Evidently, without really realizing it, I had been calling Ryan "big man" and Evan "little man" with some consistency.  I apologized to Ryan and started using the "correct" terminology.

This whole episode reminded me of a favorite Bill Cosby stand-up routine about him and his brother Russell.  Ahhhh..... childhood memories!!

1 comments:

Thom Hoch said...

Give both "big-man" and "little man" a big hug from the both of us.
XOXOXO

Thom & Dar

Post a Comment