Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Bit Random...

Ok... this post is far from my normal topics...but I honestly just can't help myself!!

We recently just got the BEST pillows I think I have ever slept on!  I know...I cannot believe I'm posting on pillows, either!  What has this world come to?

In December, Gage and I stayed at an upper-end hotel in Portland (The Benson) through the use of a Groupon.  **side note...if you have never heard of Groupon...this is another bit of awesomeness you should look into!!  If Groupon is supported in your area...it offers discounts and prices on services and various local activities that are unparalleled!  WE LOVE GROUPON (www.groupon.com)!!

Ok...back to the pillows.  SO, we stayed at The Benson, and the pillows we slept on were so amazing I had to undress them before we left to find out what they were.  Sobella (a gel fiber pillow) by Sobel-Westex.  I looked them up online and was pleasantly surprised to find they were really not all that expensive (definitely more than the cheapie foam things we've been sleeping on...but not as bad as I had thought they might be)!  A couple weeks ago we finally placed our order, and for the past three nights, we've been sleeping on clouds!!

What makes this more remarkable to me is that Gage and I have always sought different support out of our pillows.  For much of my life, I've slept on two pillows.  I like a lot of fluff and loft.  Gage has always preferred more of a feather pillow that will smash down nice n' low...flat and narrow.   For us to agree on one type of pillow seems impossible...and yet we both loved these!  With the gel-fiber of these pillows, they can be eastily mushed and smashed into whatever you like, and fully support your head at the same time.  Sounds crazy, I know!!

Now, I cannot attest to how well they will hold up over time.  For that, only time will tell :)
What I CAN attest to is there is definitely one problem associated with them...it is now even harder to get out of bed in the morning!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment